DAHLONEGA, Ga. – The Lumpkin County Board of Commissioners voted unanimously Tuesday to accept an Association of County Commissioners Georgia (ACCG) grant to fund the hiring of an intern who will coordinate a “community healthcare” discussion, coordinate and co-lead groups and analyze and interpret data collected in surveys.
The grant will pay the intern, who will work under the direction of Commissioner David Miller, $10 per hour for up to 200 hours. The county’s total contribution to the grant will be $250. Miller, who brought the idea to the board, thanked board members for their support.
Commissioners also approved a request by the Lumpkin County Water and Sewer Authority (LCWSA) to deed the ground water well at Blackburn Park over to LCWSA for use as a water source for the Ga. 400 system with the caveat that if the Georgia Environmental Protection Division does not approve the well as a water source, ownership will revert back to the county.
Commissioners denied a request by the owner of Barefoot Hills Hotel to waive penalties, interest and non-payment fees accrued on rentals between March through October 2017.
The board unanimously approved:
- A lease agreement for the Adult Learning Center;
- A canoe launch sublease with Appalachian Outfitters (Comm. Stringer recused himself); and
- A canoe launch sublease with Hall’s Mill Enterprises (Comm. Stringer recused himself).
Resolutions approved unanimously by the board include:
- Dissolution of the Airport Committee;
- Appointment of Airport Authority members Larry Odom, Gene Gawthrop, Archie Bowling, Jimmy Berrong and Chris Dockery;
- Appointment of Lumpkin County Library Board of Trustees member Kaye Campagnoli;
- Appointment of Hospital Authority members Leland Cox and Larry Charles;
- Appointment of Public Building Authority members W. Franklin Youngblood and Daniel Harding; and
- Appointment of Upper Etowah River Alliance member Dr. Robert Fuller.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com