Marsha Hancock, 64, died when a fire, possibly caused by a space heater, destroyed a mobile home at 171 Dogwood Trail in Dahlonega Friday morning
No other injuries were reported. The fire is being investigated by the state fire marshal.
FetchYourNews made repeated calls to Lumpkin County Emergency Services for more information yesterday, but the calls were not returned. FetchYourNews will have more details as they become available.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com