Dahlonega woman perished in mobile home fire


DAHLONEGA, Ga. – A mobile home fire claimed the life of a Lumpkin County woman Friday.

Marsha Hancock, 64, died when a fire, possibly caused by a space heater, destroyed a mobile home at 171 Dogwood Trail in Dahlonega Friday morning

No other injuries were reported. The fire is being investigated by the state fire marshal.

FetchYourNews made repeated calls to Lumpkin County Emergency Services for more information yesterday, but the calls were not returned. FetchYourNews will have more details as they become available.


Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com


Leave a comment

FetchYourNews.com - Dedicated to serve the needs of the community. Provide a source of real news-Dependable Information-Central to the growth and success of our Communities. Strive to encourage, uplift, warn, entertain, & enlighten our readers/viewers- Honest-Reliable-Informative.

News - Videos - TV - Marketing - Website Design - Commercial Production - Consultation


FetchYourNews.com - Citizen Journalists - A place to share “Your” work. Send us “Your” information or tips - 706.276.NEWs (6397) 706.889.9700 chief@FetchYourNews.com

Back to Top