DAHLONEGA, Ga. – The Lumpkin County Board of Commissioners will meet in a work session Tuesday (Feb. 12) at 4 p.m. in the Lumpkin County Administration Building, 99 Courthouse Hill. That work session will be followed by a public hearing at 4:30 and a special called meeting at 5 p.m.
The purpose of the special called meeting will be to vote on a revision to the Water & Sewerage Authority Enabling Legislation and adopt revisions to the Lumpkin County Future Land Use Map.
Items to be discussed during the work session include:
- A presentation to the Fowler Family;
- A presentation to the American Red Cross to honor Lumpkin County Emergency Services;
- A presentation in recognition of the Lumpkin County Employee of the Year and Sheriff’s Office Employee of the Year;
Resolutions to be discussed include:
- A revision to the Water and Sewer Authority enabling legislation;
- Revisions to the Lumpkin County Future Land Use Map;
- Reactivation of and appointment of members to the Audit Committee;
- Reappoint of members to the Development Authority;
- Appoint Water & Sewer Authority Designee;
- List of February Surplus Property;
- Acceptance of Nimblecrest Subdivison Road Acceptance into the county road maintenance program;
- Acceptance of West Woods Subdivision into the county road maintenance program;
- Cannery Building.
Contracts to be discussed include:
- Mauldin & Jenkins – Audit Engagement Letter;
- UNG Swimming Pool Agreement;
- Legacy Link Addendum;
- Senior Center Bid Approval;
- Inmate Food Services;
Other items to be discussed include;
- City of Dahlonega Annexation of James G. Cambron Property;
- Building Modification Request – Emergency Operations Center;
- 2014 SPLOST – 2019 Work Plan;
- Collection of Delinquent Park and Rec Accounts;
- Recycle Agreement (Public Works Director Larry Reiter) 31. Boundary Line Agreement.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that covers Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYN attracts 300,000+ page views per month, 3.5 million impressions per month and approximately 15,000 viewers per week on FYNTV.com and up to 60,000 Facebook page reach. If you would like to follow up-to-date local events in any of those counties, please visit us at FetchYourNews.com