ATLANTA — A Winter Weather Advisory issued by the National Weather Service will remain in effect from 7 p.m. Wednesday (Feb. 17) until 7 a.m. Thursday (Feb. 18).
* WHAT…Freezing rain expected. Total ice accumulations up to a tenth of an inch.
* WHERE…Fannin, Union, Towns, Lumpkin and White Counties.
* WHEN…From 7 PM this evening to 7 AM EST Thursday.
* IMPACTS…Very slippery sidewalks, roads and bridges are possible. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning commute.
PEACHTREE CITY, Ga. — A winter weather advisory remains in effect unti 1 a.m. Friday (Feb. 21) for Fannin-Gilmer-Union-Towns-Pickens-Dawson-Lumpkin and White counties, including the cities of Dahlonega and Cleveland
* WHAT…Mixture of rain and wet snow transitioning to all snow. Total snow accumulations of up to one inch except up to two inches in the highest elevations, with isolated higher amounts possible.
* WHERE…Northeast and portions of north central Georgia. The most hazardous conditions will be at the higher elevations above 2000 feet.
* WHEN…From 5 AM Thursday to 1 AM EST Friday.
* IMPACTS…Plan on slippery road conditions. The hazardous conditions could impact the morning or evening commute. Patchy black ice following the snow Thursday Night could create especially hazardous driving conditions.
PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… Slow down and use caution while traveling.